The first time I tried a pancake was when my grandmother made them. It was one of those moments where you feel like you have gone back in time because it tastes exactly how your brain remembers it tasting as a kid. Except for this time, there was no guilt after eating them because they were wholesome and good for me too! I love pancakes. They are a great breakfast food, and they can be made into all kinds of delicious concoctions. I enjoy making some on the weekends for my family, but these days I am trying to keep our breakfasts as healthy as possible. That is why this recipe is perfect! It has no added sugar, and it tastes just like regular pancakes without the guilt!
Whole30 Banana Pancakes are perfect for breakfast or brunch! These pancakes are Whole30 and gluten-free, but still taste absolutely delicious. They’re also paleo-friendly and vegan-friendly too! This post will show you how to make Whole30 Banana Pancakes from scratch in less than 20 minutes.
Step-by-step instruction for making Whole30 Banana Pancakes
Banana pancakes are a healthy, gluten-free, and vegan alternative to traditional pancakes. This recipe is perfect for those looking to lose weight or eat healthier. It’s also a great option for people with food allergies that can’t enjoy some of the more common breakfast foods like eggs and dairy products.
- 1 Large banana (around 110g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Almond flour (60g)*
- 1 Tbsp Packed coconut flour (5g)*
- Pinch of salt
- Ghee, for cooking
- Preheat a frying pan and add ghee or butter. Using the base of your palm, spread it across the surface to create an even coating.
*If you don’t have almond flour on hand, ground-up almonds work just as well! You can also use coconut oil instead of ghee.
2. Slice banana into thin circles and place them in a bowl with eggs, salt, and coconut flour (or almond flour). Mix until combined – be careful not to over mix though. The batter should be lumpy at this stage.*
*You can maximize the light and fluffy result by whisking bananas together with other ingredients before cooking.
3. Pour pancake mixture onto hot skillet so that it covers the surface. Cook until bubbles form and then flip!
*You can top with coconut cream, blueberries (in season), or add some raisins for a little extra sweetness.
4. Enjoy your delicious Whole30 Banana Pancakes!
Whole30 Banana Pancakes FAQs
Can you use overripe bananas for pancakes?
Overripe bananas are perfect for Whole30 Banana Pancakes. The browner they are the better because it means that you will have a higher sugar content!
What makes pancakes fluffier?
To make pancakes fluffier, we recommend adding a tablespoon of baking powder. The yogurt will also cause the baking powder to work more quickly, make the pancakes fluffier.
There you have it, a recipe for Whole30 Banana Pancakes. These pancakes may be considered a personal favorite. These pancakes not only taste great, provide a balanced breakfast, and are healthy for any diet. You can mix these together in one single meal whether you follow Vegan, keto, or Whole30 rules. Let me know how many bananas, eggs, and almond milk should be used by commenting below on my blog post comment section. You can find other recipes here too if interested!
Related post: Whole30 Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021