Let’s talk about a super easy meal that will save your fanny if you happen to find yourself in a situation of not having time to meal prep or you’ve worked late and you need to get a family friendly meal on the table pretty quick. We’ve all been there, so super quick meals like Bacon Wrapped Chicken & Avocado Zoodles are one of those meals that you’ll want to keep on hand in a pinch.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken & Avocado Zoodles come together in literally minutes. I love recipes that allow you to cook one thing while you’re working on another part of the meal so at the end, it’s all done at the same time and it feels like you’ve spent little to no time on it at all. You may even want to make extras of this one and pack it for lunch the next day.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken & Avocado ZoodlesSERVES 4 PrintDownload
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 1 package of bacon (whole30/paleo compliant)
- 4 small zucchinis or 2 large
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, divided
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- salt and pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- *Special Equipment: Spiralizer
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides of each breast with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with 3-4 pieces of bacon and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken for about 30 minutes or until the bacon has gotten crispy around the chicken. Remove from the oven and let it stand for a few minutes before slicing.
- While the chicken is baking, toast the pine nuts. Heat up a small skillet to medium heat and add the pine nuts. Toast just until they become brown and fragrant.
- Next, wash the zucchini and cut the tops and bottoms off each. Sprialize them into noodles. Choose whatever thickness of "noodle" you'd like. Sprinkle the zoodles with a tiny bit of salt and set them aside in a mixing bowl while you prepare the sauce.
- In a small food processor, add the avocado, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder, olive oil, lemon juice, water and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Blend until it's a pourable sauce. Taste it to adjust the seasoning if need be. Pour about half of the sauce over the zoodles and toss to coat. Add more if you need more.
- To serve, plate 1/4 of the zoodles on a plate. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts. Slice the bacon wrapped chicken and serve on the side of the zoodles.