I’m enjoying my recent partnership with Stubb’s Legendary Bar-B-Q out of Austin, Texas and getting to roll up my sleeves and use their fantastic sauces and rubs in different dishes. July is National Grilling Month and Stubb’s offers a variety of rubs, sauces and marinades to help kick off the season and move the cooking outdoors. One of my favorites to throw on the grill is salmon and today’s recipe combines all the elements of flavor from sweet, to tangy to spicy on a light and refreshing salad by creating Stubb’s BBQ-Texas Sriracha Salmon Salad.
Blueberries are just coming into season here and there’s nothing I love more than utilizing fresh, local fruits and veggies in out of the box ways. Have you ever tried pickling fruit? You should. It’s amazing! Not only do pickled blueberries and cucumbers make for a great snack, they’re perfect for serving along side anything grilled such as this delicious Stubb’s BBQ-Texas Sriracha Salmon Salad.
This is such a simple salad, but it’s packed with major flavor. The pickled berries and cucumbers are slightly sweet, so I love the balance of the Texas Sriracha Anytime Sauce on the salmon of this Stubb’s BBQ-Texas Sriracha Salmon Salad recipe. This particular sauce is a flavor-packed blend of chili peppers, garlic and cane sugar that make it spicy with just a little bit of sweet. This Stubb’s BBQ-Texas Sriracha Salmon Salad is the perfect summer dish for an easy weeknight meal and I have a feeling, it’s going to be a go-to on these crazy hot dog days of summer.
Stubb’s BBQ-Texas Sriracha Salmon SaladSERVES 4 PrintDownload
- 4 Salmon filets
- 1/2 cup Stubb's Texas Sriracha Anytime Sauce
- 8 cups of your favorite lettuce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp of local honey
- salt and pepper
- Pickled Blueberries and Cucumbers :
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cucumber
- 1/3 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 Tbsp of whole peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp salt
- To prepare the pickled fruit and cucumbers, combine the water, rice vinegar, sugar, salt and peppercorns in a bowl.
- Peel and cut the cucumber. Toss the blueberries and cucumbers together and then place them in a pickling jar. Pour the pickling liquid over the cucumbers and blueberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle the salmon filets with a little salt and pepper and then brush the tops of the filets with the Stubb's Texas Sriracha Anytime Sauce. Place the filets on the grill, skin side down, and cook for about 10 minutes. Brush with another layer of the barbecue sauce. Cook for about another 10-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through. Be careful to not let it dry out. Let it cool while you prepare the salad.
- Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce and toss to combine. Top with the pickled cucumbers and blueberries. Divide among four plates and serve each with a salmon filet.