Hot summer days call for cool make-ahead salads for lunch. Right? This egg salad is simple to make and you can enjoy it as a sandwich, on a bed of salad greens or crackers. Some of you may recognize this photo and if it looks familiar, you’re right. I posted this recipe last year and when we were going through the website redo, it got lost in the transfer. That happened to a few recipes, so I made a list and I’ll be reposting them over the next several weeks. I’ll also be mixing in some new recipes too, so we can keep things mixed up.
I am still trying to find my love for eggs, but my mom and sister love egg salad so I promised my mom I’d make her a batch after some lovely friends of mine gave me some eggs from their chickens before they left to go out of town. This is so incredibly simple to make and you can enjoy it as a sandwich, heaped on a bed of salad greens or scooped up with a crispy cracker.
Egg SaladSERVES 6-8 PrintDownload
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 2% or fat free
- 2 heaping tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp of capers
- salt and pepper
- Place the eggs in a pot of cold water and slowly bring them up to a boil over medium high heat. Let them boil for about 1 minute. Remove them from the heat and cover them, letting the water cool down.
- Peel the eggs and place them in a bowl. Chop with two knives in the bowl until they are in bite size pieces.
- Add in the yogurt, mayo, mustard, dill, capers and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix together well. Taste to adjust the seasonings.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.