Yeah…that whole thing about me not liking eggs? Well, I had a hankering for a frittata. I never said I wasn’t a fickle creature.
This Asparagus Frittata is savory with russet potatoes, goat cheese, green onions, fresh dill, and of course, asparagus. You can always add or substitute your favorite greens when making your frittata. Have fun with it! You can never go wrong with a frittata!
Asparagus and Goat Cheese FrittataSERVES 8-10 PrintDownload
- 2 16 oz cartons of egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of reduced fat milk
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium sized russet potato
- 1 medium bunch of green onions (about 8-10 onions)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet heat up about 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and add the potato. Cook until browned and slightly crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the other tablespoon of olive oil if need be and toss in the chopped green onions (white and green parts). Cook until the onions are soft, about another 5 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, whisk together the egg whites, eggs and milk.
- Mix in in the dill, 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, and the crumbled goat cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and onions.
- Add the asparagus around the pan and sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over the frittata.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is slightly browned.