S’mores are one of those ageless desserts that you can serve any time, any place and they’re going to be enjoyed by everyone. Even though when I think of S’mores, I typically think of roasting a marshmallow over an open flame in the fall or winter, there are ways to scoot around the open flame part of the recipe so you can enjoy s’mores during the summer or a fire isn’t available. In come S’mores Pops. They’re individually chocolate dipped marshmallows with a healthy coating of graham cracker crumbs that would be the perfect finger food for any party.
What I have these in mind for are football tailgates. Here we are at the end of July and before we know it, school and college football will be back in full swing and we’re going to be searching the web for easy, pick up foods to take to games. The best part, is if you have 5 minutes and a microwave, you can whip these little puppies up and be out the door.
Smores PopsSERVES 12 PrintDownload
- 1 cup of Melting Chocolate: I used Bakers, microwaveable dipping chocolate
- 12 Jumbo Marshmallows
- About 5 graham crackers
- 12 wooden skewers
- Start by crushing the graham crackers into coarse crumbs. Pour them in a bowl.
- Place a skewer in each marshmallow and then line a small baking sheet with wax paper before you dip them.
- Melt the chocolate according to the package directions.
- Dip each marshmallow in the chocolate and then coat the chocolate in graham cracker crumbs. Place on the wax paper and repeat until all the marshmallows have been dipped.
- To set the chocolate, place the marshmallows in the freezer for 10 minutes and then serve them.