Picture this: you’re sitting on your porch swing, soaking up the last of the summer sun. You have a tall glass in hand and as you take a sip of your slushy drink, you can’t help but smile. The sweet taste brings back memories from childhood when all it took was some ice and lemonade to make everything better. Now, that lemonade is a slushy drink. That’s right – we’re talking about Lemon Blueberry Moonshine Slush!
This was the inspiration behind this recipe. A few years ago, I bought a bottle of bourbon moonshine, and it sat in my cupboard for a while. Until one day, when I made lemonade and blueberries were sitting in the fridge. It all came together that night and now’s your chance to make Lemon Blueberry Moonshine Slush.
This recipe is easy to make and contains only three ingredients. As long as you follow these steps closely, this cool refreshing treat will be yours in no time at all!
How to make Lemon Blueberry Moonshine Slush
This recipe is made by combining lemonade, blueberries, and your favorite moonshine together. The best part of this drink is that you can make it ahead and store it in the freezer. And then serve it like the smoothies beverage – a perfect drink for a hot summer day!
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 12oz container of frozen lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries (could use frozen if that’s what you have)
- 1 1/2 cups of moonshine
- 1 bottle of sparkling lemonade
- First, mix the water and sugar together in a pot. Allow it to come to a boil before stirring for about three minutes.
- Allow the sugar and water mixture to cool down for about ten minutes.
- Add in all of the ingredients, mixing well until combined.
- Pour into a container with a lid or use an ice cube tray if you don’t have one. Place it into your freezer overnight so that it can freeze completely before serving!
- Remove from the freezer and allow them to thaw for five to ten minutes before enjoying slushie drinks.
Tips and Tricks to make Lemon Blueberry Moonshine Slush
- You can use honey instead of sugar for a healthier twist on this refreshing drink.
- This drink can be made with any type of fruit that you like! You may also add a little bit more water or lemon if desired – just make sure it’s still cold, and enjoy!
- Serving this drink with some whipped cream, topped with a lemon slice is highly recommended.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. This Lemon Blueberry Moonshine Slush, in addition to the Asparagus and Mango Quinoa Salad is perfect for entertaining guests. The slushy cocktail tastes refreshing with just enough of a kick from its moonshine infusion that it’s not too sweet – even better paired with some fresh blueberries!
Please let me know in the comment below if this is a blog that you would like to see more of. If so, I will make sure to include at least one new recipe every week with more recipes for special occasions such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thank you for reading all the way through! You’re awesome!!!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021