This Friday’s cocktail is my favorite of all the cocktails so far. It’s sweet, it’s refreshing and I don’t know about ya’ll, but I could drink champagne pretty much from breakfast until well after dinner. I probably wouldn’t because that would be one helluva headache the next day, but it sounds like a fun idea!
My second flavor obsession next to goat cheese is lavender and I’m finding that it goes with just about anything. Today, it goes just perfectly with the fresh local peaches I picked up at the farm stand the other day. Weekend drink is set and ready to go!
Lavender Peach BellinisSERVES about 6 drinks PrintDownload
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 heaping Tbsp of lavender buds
- 2 ripe medium size peaches
- your favorite prosecco or champagne
- In a small saucepan, boil the sugar, water and lavender buds to make a simple syrup When the mixture comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and cover to let it steep for about 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel and slice the peaches.
- Strain the simple syrup to remove the lavender buds. Pour the simple syrup into a blender along with the sliced up peaches. Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate the peach mixture for a couple hours until completely chilled.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the peach mixture into a champagne glass and cover with champagne. Garnish with sprigs of lavender if you have them available.
- **You can generally find dried lavender buds in health stores. If not there are plenty of online stores where you can order it. Just search food grade lavender.