The chives in the garden were going nuts, so I had to trim them back which left me with a huge bundle of chives to use. I love that they add the perfect amount of mild oniony flavor. I had some gluten free bisquick in my pantry so I decided to make Gluten Free Cheddar Chive Garlic Biscuits for breakfast over the weekend. These are quick and easy and come together in minutes. You can make them a little smaller and serve them as dinner biscuits as well. Yummmm….
Gluten Free Cheddar Chive Garlic Biscuits adapted from Betty Crocker
Gluten Free Cheddar Chive Garlic BiscuitsSERVES makes 12 biscuits PrintDownload
- 2 cups of gluten free bisquick
- 1/3 cup of cold butter, cubed or shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Cut the butter or shortening into the bisquick with a pastry cutter until small pea size pieces of dough form.
- Mix in the chives, garlic powder and cheese.
- Add in the milk and eggs and mix until the dough is combined and you can spoon it onto a baking sheet.
- You may need a tablespoon or two of extra milk if the dough is too dry.
- Drop 12 biscuits on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes until they are golden brown on top.