Who doesn’t love a great drink at a party? I know I do! I created this cocktail last year but as the second part to my crowd pleasing recipe repost this week, I wanted to share it again incase anyone wanted to run out and grab the ingredients to make for the holiday tomorrow. Enjoy this crowd pleaser, Lemon Blueberry Moonshine Slush.
Happy almost 4th of July!
Lemon Blueberry Moonshine SlushSERVES 12-14 PrintDownload
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 12oz container of frozen lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries (could use frozen if that’s what you have)
- 1 1/2 cups of moonshine
- 1 bottle of sparkling lemonade
- In a large stock pot, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Boil until the sugar is dissolved. Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool down for about 5-10 minutes.
- Using about 1/2-3/4 of a cup of the cooled sugar water, blend the blueberries until smooth. Pour back into the large pot of sugar water along with the frozen lemonade and moonshine. Stir to combine everything.
- Pour the entire mixture into a freezer safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 6-8 hours to overnight. It will take that long to freeze with the amount of alcohol in it.
- Just before serving, remove it from the freezer and scrape with a fork to create a slushy. Serve in glasses and pour a little sparkling lemonade over top.