Okay, so I didn’t actually get around to posting all of the appetizers I wanted to last week, but this week, I wanted to post some of my old summer favorites. And I promise that I will actually post them.;) This week’s summer favorite, Watermelon Feta Bites.
I had dinner with some friends last night and we were talking about the Watermelon Feta Bites I made a while back for a party at another friend’s clothing store here in town. These little watermelon feta bites are so refreshing on a sweltering, hot day and since it’s been sweltering hot around here for the last couple days, I couldn’t get these off my mind. If you haven’t made these yet/before, MAKE THEM! They’re delish!
Summer Fave: Watermelon Feta BitesSERVES makes about 50 bites PrintDownload
- 1 medium size watermelon
- 1 block of feta cheese
- about 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
- black sesame seeds (optional for garnish)
- Slice the watermelon in about an inch and a half slices. Cut the watermelon in small cubes or use a small cookie cutter (shape of your choice) to cut out shapes.
- Wash the mint leaves and dry them as much as possible.
- Cut the block of feta into squares. Put a couple mint leaves, or one big one, on a piece of watermelon. Top it with a square of feta and skewer it with a toothpick. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Place on a platter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat. The colder the better.