Here’s another one of my favorite summer recipes…a fresh, caprese salad with Peach and Prosciutto. Is there anything on this earth, better?? I twisted this one up a bit by subbing out tomatoes for fresh local peaches and adding prosciutto. I know you’re probably scratching your head wondering why I’m sharing a recipe with prosciutto when I have been so vocal about my vegetarian ways over the last several months. All I can say is…balance, my friends. Balance. Sometimes a girl just needs some bacon/prosciutto in her life.
Hope you enjoy this super easy Peach Prosciutto Caprese salad with Honied Balsamic Vinegar!
Summer Fave: Peach Prosciutto Caprese with Honied Balsamic VinegarSERVES 4 PrintDownload
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, about 2-3 slices per person
- fresh basil leaves
- 4 oz package prosciutto
- 2-3 fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- olive oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the prosciutto on the baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes until it's crispy. Remove from the oven and set it aside, allowing it to cool.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the vinegar and honey. Microwave in 30 second intervals (total of about a minute and a half), stirring after each, until the honey is dissolved in the vinegar. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the basil leaves. Peel and slice the peaches. Slice the mozzarella.
- On four plates, layer the mozzarella, peaches, basil and prosciutto. Drizzle with the honied vinegar and olive oil.