Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I’m playing catch up from mine, having spent a fun girl’s weekend in Nashville, Tennessee, but I couldn’t wait to share today’s recipe with you!
This week, Brooke and I will be sharing a couple ideas to kick off the upcoming Memorial Day weekend to a great start. Some of you might be going out of town or just taking advantage of the long weekend to get together with friends and family to grill out and chill out in remembrance of our amazing service men and women who have sacrificed for our freedom. However you plan to celebrate, we’ve gotcha covered with food, fashion and cocktails!
Today’s recipe is a super simple, refreshing and somewhat healthy dessert, Strawberry Coconut Tartlets. What more could you ask for from something sweet? I wanted to create something light and easy that would be the perfect compliment to a warm weather cook out. Since local strawberries are in season, I had to incorporate them into the dessert as well, so these Strawberry Coconut Tartlets have a hint of island flavor mixed with sweet, juicy strawberries and are dotted with spicy, candied ginger. I hope you enjoy them!
For more goings on outside the blog, remember to follow Brooke and I on our social media pages! You can find my icons on the left hand side of the blog and B’s below.
Pinterest: kbstyled (Kristen “Brooke” Webb)
Strawberry Coconut TartletsSERVES makes 2 dozen PrintDownload
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups (2 8 oz containers) of coconut flavored greek yogurt ( I used Chobani)
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- candied ginger slices about 1/2 cup
- *mini muffin pan
- *plastic sandwich baggie
- Place the wonton wrappers in the mini muffin pan, creating little cups. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes until the wonton wrappers are lightly browned and crisp. Let them cool completely.
- While the wonton cups are chilling, chop up the strawberries. Set aside. Next, finely chop up the ginger slices and set those aside.
- Mix about 1/4 cup of the finely chopped ginger into the yogurt. Place the yogurt in the sandwich baggie. Snip one corner of the baggie. Pipe the yogurt into the wonton cups. Top each tartlet with the chopped strawberries and remaining chopped ginger.
- These should be served immediately or within about 15 minutes of making. Just keep them in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
- For easy assembly before serving: prep the wonton cups by cooking them up to a day before and keeping them in an airtight container until you're ready to fill them. You can also mix the yogurt with the chopped ginger the day before. Store it in the sandwich baggie until ready to use. About 5 minutes before you pipe the yogurt into the wonton cups, put it in the freezer to get really cold. Chop the strawberries just before use to prevent them from getting mushy.