Squid Ink Linguini with ScallopsSERVES 4 PrintDownload
- 8 fresh scallops
- 8-10 oz of squid ink pasta
- 1/2 lbs of mushrooms (I used oyster and baby bella)
- 1/3 cup of white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Also get your water boiling for the pasta.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and add to the saute pan in one even layer, sprinkle with a little bit of salt.
- Brown them for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add in the wine, cream, cheese and peas. Reduce the heat to low/simmer and let the sauce thicken slightly and the flavors come together.
- In another saute pan, heat up another 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle a little bit of salt on one side of the scallops.
- Add the scallops to the hot pan and allow to cook about 3-4 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook the scallops. They'll be tough and won't taste good at all.
- While the scallops are cooking, add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook according to the package directions or if it's fresh pasta cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and divide among plates. Top with the sauce and two scallops each.