Mushroom Leek and Goat Cheese Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk or cream
- 8 oz of fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leeks
- 6 oz herbed goat cheese (can use plain)
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme
- 2 tsp finely chopped oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- Wash the leeks and chop them. In a medium sized cast iron skillet, heat up about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the leek with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms and add them to leeks with another sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- While the mushrooms and leeks are cooking, crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add the milk, herbs and about 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper. Mix the eggs just until the whites and yolks are combined.
- Crumble in half of the goat cheese to the eggs.
- Next, add in the cooked veggies. Return the skillet to the heat and add in the butter, melting it and swirling it around the sides of the pan. Stir the egg mixture and pour it into the skillet. Top with the remaining crumbled goat cheese.
- Cook the frittata on the stove for about 5 minutes. Transfer the skillet to a 350 oven for about 15 minutes or until the frittata is set on the top and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Servings : 8-10
Read more about this chef..