Yesterday I shared a little bit about the second half of my business, which is tea cookies. If you missed it, you can read about it here. One of the flavors of my Carolina Girl Cooks tea cookies I make are Orange Cardamom. I hand grate the zest of oranges into the batches of cookies, but that’s the only part of the orange I use, so I’m always left with whole oranges. I normally juice them and find ways to incorporate the juice in other recipes. This week, I’m going to share a few ways I use leftover oranges and their juice. Up first, a delicious Orange Protein Smoothie. This tastes like a fruity drink you’d sip on by the pool in the summer. Not a bad way to start your day!
Orange Protein SmoothieSERVES 2 PrintDownload
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 2 small bananas
- 1 1/2-2 cups of fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2-2 cups of fresh orange juice handful of ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or vitamix and blend until smooth.
- Divide among two glasses and enjoy!