Mediterranean PastaSERVES 4 PrintDownload
- Mediterranean Pasta
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 1 banana pepper
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of fresh chopped oregano (can use dried if you don't have fresh)
- 4 oz of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When it's boiling add about 2 teaspoons of salt to the water. Add the pasta and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- In a medium size skillet, heat up the olive oil to medium. Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic, spinach, banana pepper and tomatoes. When the spinach is wilted and all the vegetables are hot add the oregano and a little salt and pepper to your taste.
- Drain the pasta and divide among 4 plates. Top with the sauce, feta cheese and a few olives per plate.
- **If you use dried oregano use 1tsp and add it when you add the vegetables instead of at the end.