Matt’s Curry Chicken SaladSERVES 4 PrintDownload
- 2 cups of shredded chicken
- 1 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp of curry powder
- 1 cup of red grapes, sliced in half
- 2/3 cup of pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp of butter
- 1/3 cup of fresh chopped dill
- Toast the pecans in a skillet with the butter and a generous pinch of salt over medium heat. Be careful not to let them burn.
- Toast them just until they are fragrant, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let them cool for a bit.
- In another bowl, combine the chicken, mayo, curry powder, grapes and dill. Stir in the pecans and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- My Version:
- Add 1 cup of fat free greek yogurt (surprise, surprise) and 1 heaping tablespoon of light mayo instead of the regular amount of mayo in the above recipe. Dry roast the pecans omitting the butter. Proceed as directed.