Lemon Basil MojitosSERVES 1 PrintDownload
- shot of rum
- about 3 basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp of simple syrup (see below)
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Club Soda
- scoop of Lemon Sorbet
- To make the simple syrup bring 1/2 cup of of water and 1/2 cup of sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Tear the basil leaves into pieces into a glass. Pour in the simple syrup and lemon juice.
- With the back of a wooden spoon, crush up (or muddle) the basil leaves to release the flavor.
- Add ice, rum and club soda. Stir it up and add a scoop of lemon sorbet.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of basil and sip away.