Kholrabi SoupSERVES 4 PrintDownload
- 1 Kholrabi, peeled and diced up
- 1 cup of vidalia or sweet onion
- 1 cup of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- thinly sliced radish
- lemon zest
- Parsley Oil :
- 2 Tbsp of fresh parsley
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup of olive oil
- Peel the Kholrabi similar to how you would peel an apple. Cut it in half and then in cubes.
- Chop the onion and saute in about 2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. When the onion is soft, after about 5 minutes, add the Kholrabi.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let it cook for about 5 minutes and then add the broth and milk.
- Continue to cook the Kholrabi over medium heat until it is fork tender, about 20 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In batches, puree in a blender until smooth. If need be add more broth or milk to thin the soup out if it's too thick or you're having trouble pureeing it. Return to the pot and heat until warmed through.
- For the parsley oil :
- put the parsley in a blender or small food processor, add the salt and oil. Puree until the parsley is chopped very fine. Add more oil or salt if need be.
- Thinly slice a radish and zest a lemon. Pour the soup into a bowl, drizzle with the parsley oil and top with a few slices of radish and a pinch of the zest. Enjoy!