Springtime is my MOST favorite time to cook and come up with different recipes. The fresh produce that is starting to become available will inspire me to no end. Honestly there are not enough days in the week to create, make and photograph all the ideas floating around in my head.
This Goat Cheese and Chive Mashed Cauliflower is a spin on mashed potatoes, but lower in carbs and packed with tons of flavor. I could eat goat cheese on everything. It’s literally the only thing I never get tired of. I’ve searched high and low for the best goat cheese and the one that wins out above all others since I was introduced to it years ago, is Goat Lady Dairy goat cheese. Every type of cheese they create is delicious.
Bottom line, you neeeeeeed this side dish for dinner soon. Serve it with simply grilled fish or chicken and you’ll have a rounded out meal that will please the whole family or any dinner guest.
Chives are really more of an early spring herb, but thanks to the magic of grocery stores, you’ll be able to find chives in the produce section at your local grocery store just about any time of year.
Goat Cheese and Chive Mashed CauliflowerSERVES 4 PrintDownload
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 oz of plain chèvre goat cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped chives, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and chop the cauliflower into florets.
- Steam in a steamer basket over boiling water until the florets are fork tender.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Add the goat cheese, chives and a healthy sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Pulse the food processor until the cauliflower is mashed well and all the ingredients are combined. Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with the remaining chives and serve immediately.