Curried Cauliflower SoupSERVES 10 PrintDownload
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp evaporated cane sugar (I used agave nectar)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (I bumped it up to 1 teaspoon)
- Heat up the olive oil in a large stock pot to medium heat. Saute the diced onion until transparent.
- Add in the spices and cauliflower pieces. Cover with about 5 cups of water and bring to a boil cooking the cauliflower until it's fork tender.
- Meanwhile, blend the cashews until they are fine. Add in 3/4 cup of water and blend again. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, discarding the solids. Set aside.
- When the cauliflower is done cooking, allow it to cool for a few minutes and then blend it with an emersion blender (or regular blender in batches) until smooth. Add in the coconut milk and cashew milk.
- Heat to desired temperature and serve.