Today’s recipe is crazy simple, as sorta stated in the title, Cinnamon Simple Syrup. It’s a Fall take on simple syrup that you can use in lots of different ways. Simple syrups are so fun to make, because you can get as creative as you’d like with them. Start with the two basic ingredients of sugar and water and then you can add whatever flavor you like to infuse the syrup. In the summer I like using mint or ginger and then drizzle it in tea or over fresh fruit as dessert. Read below for things to do with the cinnamon simple syrup. Have a great weekend everyone!
Stay tuned for recipes next week as we are celebrating the local apple season. I’ve got some great recipes in store that are travel inspired as well as perfect for parties or tailgates.
Ways to Use Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- Stir into unsweetened ice tea
- Use in your morning coffee
- Drizzle over your breakfast oatmeal
- Drizzle over ice cream
- Use in mixed drinks
- Cut up a peeled apple and bake in a small oven safe dish with 1/4 cup of syrup and 1 Tbsp of butter at 350 until tender
- Drizzle over pancakes
- Bake slices of baguette with smoked cheddar or brie until the cheese begins to melt. Top with a pear or apple slice. Drizzle a tiny bit of simple syrup over top