Chicken Tortilla SoupSERVES 10-12 PrintDownload
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 10 oz can of rotel mexican mix lime/cilantro tomatoes and peppers
- 1 29 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can of tomato puree
- 1 15 oz can of corn
- 1 15 oz can of creamed corn
- 1 full box or 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- In a large stock pot, heat up the olive oil to medium heat. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes and then add in the cumin and chili powder. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Combine the other ingredients in the pot. You don't have to worry about draining anything, just open all the cans and pour them in. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for at least 30 minutes to let all the flavors come together.
- Ladle into bowls and top with toppings of your choice: avocados, minced green onions, olives, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and/or crushed tortilla chips.