I made this Chicken Parm with Creamed Spinach in no time at all so I thought it’d be good to post mid week. Usually by Wednesday you’re staring into the fridge with a blank stare wishing something would jump out and fix itself. Well here’s your answer!! Plus, you could crack open a bottle of wine and surprise your honey with an easy, throw together date night dinner. Who doesn’t appreciate that on a work/school night?!
Here is what you’ll need,
Chicken Parm with Creamed SpinachSERVES 2 PrintDownload
- Chicken Parmesan :
- 2 chicken cutlets or breasts
- 3/4 cup of italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup of marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Italian seasoning, to sprinkle on top
- Cooking Spray
- Creamed Spinach :
- 1/2 of a 16 oz bag of frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry.
- In a shallow bowl combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Coat the chicken and place on a baking sheet. I lined mine with foil and sprayed with cooking spray for easy clean up.
- Bake the chicken for about 10 minutes if using cutlets, about 15 if using breasts.
- After about 10 minutes or halfway through the cook time on the chicken, take it out of the oven and top with the marinara sauce and slices of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with italian seasoning and bake for another 5-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- After you have put the chicken in the oven for the first time, heat the 2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the spinach (frozen is fine), the onion and salt.
- Cook until the spinach is thawed out and the onion is soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about a minute until it's fragrant. Add in the cream and cheese and cook until it's all combined and heated through. Keep it warm until the chicken is done.
- Dinner is served. Enjoy!!