Sweet Potato Crust (Dough)SERVES PrintDownload
- 1 (1/4) ounce package active dry yeast or about 2 1/4 tsp
- 2-2 1/2 cups of flour, plus more for kneading
- 1/2 cup baked sweet potato (bake a sweet potato on about 400 for an hour and let it cool. peel the skin and puree in a food processor or blender)
- 3/4 cup of warm water
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl combine yeast packet and 1/4 cup of warm water (not boiling, but pretty warm).
- Stir it together and let it stand until the top looks kind of creamy, about 5 minutes or so.
- In another bowl add 2 cups of flour, sweet potato, salt and olive oil.
- Pour into the flour mixture and add the remaining 1/2 cup of warm water. Stir to combine.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Use a little extra flour if needed. Knead in the bowl or on a floured surface for about eight minutes until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Divide into two balls and coat in a little bit of flour. Put them in separate bowls and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let them stand for at least an hour. The dough will double in bulk.
Candied Pecan Apple PizzaSERVES 8 PrintDownload
- 2/3 cup of pecans
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 6 oz of cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3-5 Tbsp of milk
- 1 apple (I used a pink lady)
- 1/3 cup of golden raisins
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries
- Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray and spread out the pizza dough. Bake it for about 10-12 minutes on 350 to let it crisp up.
- In a pan melt the butter over medium heat and add in the pecans, sugar and cinnamon. Cook until the sugar and butter are melted and coat the pecans, about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl beat together cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar. Thin out with milk.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese over the pizza dough and then top with raisins, apple, cranberries and pecans. Drizzle remaining icing over the top and bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes.