Bourbon Fig PreservesSERVES about 1 1/2 cups or one jar PrintDownload
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon
- 3 cups of ripe figs
- 1/4 lemon, rind and all
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Wash and cut the figs in half.
- Roughly chop the quarter of lemon. Combine both in a food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Transfer the mixture into a saucepan and add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat up to medium and then reduce to simmer. Cook for about 30-45 minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
- Transfer into clean, sterilized jars and refrigerate.
- The preserves will keep for 2-3 months. You can leave the cinnamon stick in the jar or discard it.