Blueberry Lemon Breakfast RollsSERVES 4 PrintDownload
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 1 lemon, 1 Tbsp of the zest and juice
- 2 oz of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4-1 cup of powdered sugar
- Wash and dry the blueberries. In a small bowl, mash together the softened butter and brown sugar.
- On a cutting board, roll out the crescent dough pinching together the perforated edges. Cut about 8 strips of dough.
- Smear the dough strips with the sugar mixture and dot with blueberries. Roll them up and place them in a cake pan. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. The tops of the rolls should be golden brown.
- In another small bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Mix together until it's a spreadable icing. Add more lemon juice to thin out or add more powdered sugar to thicken. Which ever you may need.
- When the rolls come out of the oven, allow them to cool for about 5-10 minutes before icing.