This recipe got lost during the website redo and even though I’ve posted and reposted it on social media about a hundred times, I’m reposting it here as well. Why? Because it’s seriously the. best. pizza. ever. This is to be expected wherever bacon is involved.;)
It’s different from most pizzas, because it doesn’t have a sauce and the flavors are a bit heartier than you would normally find on a tomato sauce pizza. This one starts off super simple with just olive oil, fresh grated garlic or garlic powder and chopped fresh rosemary. And of course, we cannot forget the bacon. Aren’t you kind of excited to have another use for that crazy amount of rosemary in your yard or summer flower pots? I am too. This is a perfect pizza recipe to have on hand as any time of year, but especially when the weather starts to cool off. It’s great for friday night pizza parties by the fire pit, or Saturday college football parties. Either way, you’re going to love it, so make sure you bookmark it and give it a try soon.
Blue Potato, Bacon and Rosemary PizzaSERVES 4-6 PrintDownload
- 1 ready made pizza crust. You can find these sometimes in the deli section of your grocery store
- 6 sliced of bacon cooked crisp
- 2 small blue potatoes. If you can't find blue potatoes, just use a red or white potato
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 8-10 oz of buratta cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
- Roll the pizza dough out on a lightly floured surface. Place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza dough, then sprinkle the chopped rosemary over the olive oil and sprinkle the garlic powder over it. Next, slice the potato super thin and place the slices over the pizza. Crumble the bacon over the potato and then distribute the buratta over the pizza. Sprinkle with a little bit of parmesan.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until the pizza dough is slightly golden and crisp and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice and serve.