Beet Linguini with Edamame and Goat CheeseSERVES 4 PrintDownload
- 8-10 ounces of Beet or regular linguini
- 1/3 cup of good olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2/3 cup of edamame, or other green pea or bean
- 2 oz of goat cheese, crumbled
- fresh radish and flat leaf parsley (optional)
- Bring water to a boil for the pasta.
- n a medium saute pan, grate garlic into the olive oil. Bring the oil up to low-medium heat and then reduce to simmer.
- In a bowl, cover edamame with water and microwave for 1 minute. You want them to be warm, but still crisp.
- When the water for the pasta is boiling, salt the water (about 2 teaspoons) and cook the pasta. If it's fresh it will only take 3-5 minutes, if it's dried cook it according to the directions on the package.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the olive oil, tossing to coat it. Add the edamame.
- Divide the pasta among the plates and top each with crumbles of goat cheese.
- If you feel like being a little fancy, top with thinly sliced radishes and flat leaf parsley.